This reading and writing lesson was designed to help your students learn the legends behind our Christmas stocking traditions. Your students will read two different stocking legends in order to complete a compare and contrast activity. Next, they will complete a craftivity and a service learning project that will help teach your students the importance of giving to others this time of year!
To ensure that this product is appropriate for your grade level, please download the preview to get a better idea of what is included!
1. Legends (Word Wall Poster)
2. The Legend of the Christmas Stocking and The Legend of the Wooden Shoe (2 separate articles)
3. Compare and Contrast Venn Diagram Activity
4. My Holiday Traditions (a writing activity)
5. I Can Be A Stocking Stuffer (a craftivity to teach the importance of giving)
6. Our Class Stocking (A Service Learning Project on the importance of giving)
16 Total Pages: 2 (Teacher Instruction Pages), 2 (TOU/Credits Pages), 12 Student activity pages