This 9-page student book teaches children about the Irish legend of the leprechaun. I use it in my first grade classroom, but it will also work for high kindergarten readers and 2nd grade students who need a little extra support. The features of this text include:
• informational text
• labels and arrows
• a caption
• underlined vocabulary and key words
• traceable sight words
• interactive pages
• black and white images to color
On the last page, the children are challenged to design a leprechaun trap.
Following the book, there are three connected literacy activities for the children:
• a set of comprehension questions related to the text
• an individual writing activity
• a labeling activity to support word-work / spelling
Thank you for your interest in this item. Please see the free PREVIEW for a closer look at all the pages.
Happy St. Patrick's Day! :)