I love teaching myths and legends. The Loup Garou unit came shortly after I did a unit on the Chupacabra. Students loved it and one of them brought up the Cajun legend of the Loup Garou or Rougarou and asked if I knew of this monster that haunts the local swamps. I received a few short lessons from him and then created this! Here is a link to me teaching a portion of this lesson to one of my 6th grade classes. https://youtu.be/Q6lgN1EHYwE This is a mini unit. It can last at least 2-6 days depending on how long you stretch it. BEFORE teaching about the Loup Garou, I taught about the Chupacabra, you can find those lessons in my store as well. I also have a combination of ALL of these lessons and those of the Chupacabra, with extension lessons to compare and contrast the two legends. This is available at a discount for buying both units.
What is included in these materials?
1. PPT presentation in PDF format
2. PPT presentation WITH NOTES and suggested discussion points and questions for each slide (in the notes) in Power Point
3. Loup Garou activity page and worksheet- with questions in English
4. Loup Garou activity page and worksheet- with questions in Spanish
5. Both worksheet answer keys
6. Detailed description of how to use the worksheet and set up pre-post activities for the presentation
7. Suggested Movie Talk: link to video and guiding questions
If you find errors in any of the materials included, please email me so I can make the corrections. I appreciate your feedback! I hope that you find these materials fun and useful for your classrooms.