The Lemonade War is written by Jacqueline Davies. It is equivalent to a 4.1 reading level and is a perfect book to read with 3rd or 4th grade students. This would be a great novel unit for the whole class, or for a reading group and is aligned with the Common Core Standards for fourth grade.
This novel unit includes:
- Making Predictions Graphic Organizer
- Character Traits Organizers for Evan and Jessie
- Venn Diagram to Compare/Contrast Characters
- Organizers to Compare/Contrast Characters to Self
- Problem and Solution Organizer
- Create Your Own Lemonade Sign Sheet
- Easy Peasy, Lemon Squeezy Summary Sheet
- Sweet Simile Search Booklet
- Grocery Receipt Reading Activity
- 11 Reading Response Writing Activities (meets Common Core writing- opinion, narrative, and explanatory)
- Making Words Sheet
- How to Make Lemonade Writing Activity
- Our Favorite Type of Lemonade Graphing Activity with Questions to Analyze Data
- Note to Teachers and Additional Resources
- Terms and Credits
*Note: This unit does not contain comprehension questions for the book, so if that is what you desire in a unit, this unit might not be what you are looking for.
I hope you find the activities in this novel unit helpful.
Thanks so much!