NOTE: This puzzle is meant to be used after students have read the book. Also, because the answers to most of the clues consist of one word, students will benefit from the use of a thesaurus rather than a dictionary.
Students solve this crossword by providing synonyms and antonyms for 25 vocabulary words from THE LEMONADE WAR. Each clue contains a vocabulary word and the sentence in which it appears in the book. Students must decide provide either a synonym or an antonym for the challenging word.
* Jessie looked SKEPTICAL. “You can’t have nothing. You must have something.” (syn.) ANSWER: doubtful
The lemonade…disappeared without a trace, soaking into the PARCHED September grass. (ant.) ANSWER: wet
* All the insults, and anger, the confusion and fighting, seemed to CONVERGE in a single flash of white-hot feeling. (ant.) ANSWER: separate
* Jessie reached for Ten Bright Ideas to Light Up Your Sales…Jessie’s hand HOVERED. (Floated ___; syn.) ANSWER: above
More challenging—and fun!—than a typical vocabulary crossword!
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
The 25 words in this puzzle are also listed and defined on the THE LEMONADE WAR edition of Bookmarks Plus. Please see the list of products below.
Also, the same 25 words are part of my THE LEMONADE WAR 50-word Prereading Crossword, which familiarizes students with new words before they read the book. Please see the list of products below.
USE ALL THREE TO REINFORCE MEANING!
Here are my products over THE LEMONADE WAR—perfect activities for early test finishers, between lessons, extra credit, or at the end of the day! View them in my store
* Bookmarks Plus: THE LEMONADE WAR—A Handy Little Reading Aid!
Helps students keep track of main characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more! A lot of helpful information at students’ fingertips! Students and teachers alike are delighted with these handy reading aids!
* THE LEMONADE WAR: 50-word Prereading Crossword—Prepares students for reading the book!
Helps prepare students for reading the book! Use with the The Lemonade War edition of Bookmarks Plus and the The Lemonade War Synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words!
* THE LEMONADE WAR: Synonym/Antonym Crossword—Use with Bookmarks Plus!
Use with Bookmarks Plus and the 50-word Prereading Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words! A unique crossword!
Word-Wise Educational Products
—more than 800 unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!