This lesson fits into the 6th Grade Scholastic Codex Unit 2- Live Your Dream. In this lesson, students focus on close reading questions that ask students to interpret and analyze Jeter's use of cause and effect in the excerpt from his biography "The Life You Imagine." This product contains 5 files:
1) Microsoft Word Document Detailed Lesson Plan
2) Acitvinspire Flipchart File for display on a Smart Board/Projection Screen.
3) Word Document with cause and effect cards to be used as a scaffold for small group instruction
4) Word document- classwork student handout with close reading questions and space for students to write their responses
5) Word document- same as #4 but scaffolded with cause and effect definitions and sentence frames for struggling readers, writer's or student's with disabilities.