The Life and Death of Stars - Google Slides and PowerPoint Lesson
- Google Apps™
Also included in
- A complete teaching package for Space. Your unit comes with nine lessons, lab station activities, projects, bell ringers, activities, and more. Everything you need to teach the unit over 4-5 weeks. Your unit also contains my daily teaching schedule so you'll know what to teach and when as well as aPrice $52.97Original Price $79.58Save $26.61
- The Life and Death of Stars - Fully editable and Complete 5E Lesson. Everything you need to teach a unit on The Life and Death of Stars. This fully-editable, no prep bundle follows the 5E model and provides step-by-step instructions on how to implement it in your classroom. The included lesson has bPrice $15.97Original Price $31.11Save $15.14
The Life and Death of Stars. This lesson package includes the lesson (student and teacher versions of the presentation), an auto-graded Exit Ticket, and a student lesson handout as a document. The presentation is fun and applicable with SIX videos embedded linked in the presentation.
In order, the lesson covers:
- A Star’s beginning
- Low-Mass Stars
- Intermediate-Mass Stars
- Red Giants
- High-Mass Stars
- Black Holes
- HR Diagram
- Main Sequence Stars
- Inquiry Activities
- This lesson includes both Office and Google formats for ALL resources. The presentation is in PowerPoint and Google Slides while all documents contain Word and Google Doc versions.
- Your resource is perfect for distance learning and integrates seamlessly with Google Classroom as I've included a link that will automatically create a copy of the resources and put them directly into your Google Drive with one click.
- Purchase --> Open --> Click --> Assign to your students
Having both options allows you to use either without worrying about formatting issues as all the work has already been done for you. It safeguards you in case your department or school decides to go Google 100% and allows you as well as your students to access everything no matter where you are or what kind of equipment is being used.
***********This activity can also be found bundled at a significant discount in my The Life and Death of Stars - Complete 5E Lesson Bundle. If you'd like to take a look, please CLICK HERE.
Included in the lesson package is:
- Office and Google versions of resources
- The teacher version of the presentation
- The student version of the presentation
- An auto-graded Exit Ticket
- THREE videos embedded into the presentation
- FOUR simulations linked within the presentation
- Student lesson handout
If you are interested in a really engaging and simple to use lab station activity to go along with your lesson, please CLICK HERE to learn more.
Buyer Comment: "Very valuable resource. The videos were a great addition."
The student version of the presentation contains multiple blanks that need to be filled in throughout the lesson. These blanks are conveniently underlined and bolded on the teacher copy. I have found this to be the most effective means of keeping my students engaged and active without having them write everything out. This also leaves more time for discussion and activities.
This lesson can also be found within the Space Unit by clicking here.
Lesson 1 - Space - An Introduction
Lesson 3 - Life in Outer Space
Lesson 4 - The Life and Death of Stars
Lesson 5 - The Seasons and Earth's Tilt
Lesson 7 - Eclipse - Solar and Lunar
Lesson 8 - Galaxies, Other Objects, and the Universe
Lesson 9 - The Immensity of the Universe
I also have a range of assignments and lessons/units from other grade levels at my store. Please CLICK HERE to have a look around and don’t forget to follow if you like what you see.
Also, please visit my blog Teach With Fergy for my thoughts on teaching, learning and everything in between.