The Life and Times of the Ant Nonfiction Text Support
Updated 9/5/15 - Revised wording on several questions; enlarged student response area and added a fill-in version without supports.
This is part of the The Life and Times of the Ant BUNDLE
– no need to buy the parts if you own the whole bundle.
Please see the preview for highlights from this bundle that supports Journeys Grade 4, Unit 3, Lesson 14 story.
1. Multiple Choice Quiz – 10 questions about text features found in the story
2. Short Answer - This page expands on the multiple choice comprehension test provided by Journeys. The addition of text evidence and open questions increases rigor.
1. Nonfiction Text Feature graphic organizer – This is specific to the book and can be used as a treasure hunt activity, pair work, or even a pretest.
2. Foldable – Students work section by section to summarize the whole book. This makes a great Jig Saw activity where each team is responsible for teaching the class one section.
Please visit my store for these supporting documents –
The Life and Times of the Ant Vocabulary Foldables, Matching Quizzes, and Word Wall
The Life and Times of the Ant Assessments and Nonfiction Text
The Life and Times of the Ant Roll Read Graph Word Work
The Life and Times of the Ant Writing
The Life and Times of the Ant BUNDLE
Thank you for your interest in Creative Core Integrations
by Kim Shelley!
Many thanks to these creative talents:
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Krista-Wallden (creative clips)
*Follow me* - for 50% off new products for the first 48 hours.
Your students may enjoy my best selling Economics Fun – S’mores Import and Export PPT Activity