NOTE: This is the digital/downloadable version of the The Light in the Forest trivia game I sell as a hard copy, so don't order both.
ALSO NOTE: This product is meant to be used after students have read the book.
Looking for a fun activity to top off your book unit? Try The Light in the Forest edition of ThemeQuotes Trivia Games!
ThemeQuotes Trivia Games:
* are both fun and educational!
* link famous quotations to the themes of the books you teach!
* combine the word-recognition skills of Wheel of Fortune with the challenge of Trivial Pursuit!
ThemeQuotes Trivia Games also:
* promote values
* encourage teamwork
* develop students' understanding of theme
* challenge students' reading-for-detail skills
* provide a great review for objective tests
Students have fun while being exposed to some of the greatest thinkers in history: Gandhi, Mark Twain, Pearl Buck, Thoreau, Emerson, Nietzche, Thomas Jefferson, Eleanor Roosevelt, Kipling, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., and more!
The Light in the Forest edition includes:
* over 250 trivia questions
* 16 transparency-ready ThemeQuotes puzzles
* ThemeQuotes puzzles key
CHECK OUT THE PREVIEW FILE FOR THIS TITLE!
Many different editions at all levels--just search for your favorite title!
Here are my fun and unique products over THE LIGHT IN THE FOREST. View all 14 in my store!
• Bookmarks Plus: THE LIGHT IN THE FOREST edition--Handy Reading Aid! Helps students keep track of characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more!
• THE LIGHT IN THE FOREST Trivia Game—Fun for the Whole Class! My ThemeQuotes games are the only games that link famous, value-promoting quotations to the themes of the books you teach! Students work in teams to play this cross between Wheel of Fortune™ and Trivia Pursuit™ game! 257 questions!
• THE LIGHT IN THE FOREST: Prereading Crossword—50 Words to Familiar Students with Vocabulary Before Reading the Book! Helps prepare students for reading the book! Use with the The Light in the Forest edition of Bookmarks Plus and the The Light in the Forest Synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words!
• THE LIGHT IN THE FOREST: Synonym/Antonym Crossword—Use with Bookmarks Plus! Use with Bookmarks Plus and the 50-word Prereading Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words!
• THE LIGHT IN THE FOREST: 4 Novel-Based Word Searches—4 Different Categories! Categories: The Original People; A Massacre; In Search of Corn Blade; The Journey Back!
• THE LIGHT IN THE FOREST: 7 Cryptogram Puzzles—Encoded Quotations from the Book! Students decode thought-provoking quotations from the story! Each cryptogram puzzle has its own code. Who doesn’t love a code?
• THE LIGHT IN THE FOREST: 8 Quotefall Word Puzzles—Unique! Each quotefall is a quotation from the story. Students form individual words of the quotation by transferring letters from above the double line of the puzzle grid to squares in the columns directly below. Quotefalls can be challenging, but students love working them—and they’re great spelling workouts!
• THE LIGHT IN THE FOREST: Reading-for-Detail Crosswords! Great reviews for objective tests!
• THE LIGHT IN THE FOREST: 8 Cryptocategory Word Puzzles—Unique! Students decode 10 lists of categorized words from the book! Categories: Minor Characters—White; Minor Characters—Indian; Locations; The Forest; Del Hardy; The Village; True Son; A Peculiar Race
• THE LIGHT IN THE FOREST: Lenni Lenape Words/English Translation—Students provide English translation for the many Lenni/Lenape words used in the story.
• THE LIGHT IN THE FOREST: 2 Challenging Words Crosswords—Good Vocab Review! Students provide synonyms for challenging words from the story. Good extra credit activity!
• THE LIGHT IN THE FOREST: Anagram Crossword—Challenging & Fun! Students decipher common terms from the novel! The puzzle can be challenging, but, as with all crosswords, almost every time they enter a correct answer, they are provided with clues for the next.
• THE LIGHT IN THE FOREST: 10 Word Merges—One “Word” Becomes Two! Two-word phrases from the story are blended into one “word.” Students decipher the phrases. Harder than it sounds, but a good spelling workout!
• THE LIGHT IN THE FOREST: 16 Theme-Related Quotations + Teaching Ideas Well-researched, thought-provoking quotations by some of history’s greatest thinkers—each quotation relates to a theme in the book!
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!