The many editions of BOOKMARKS PLUS provide students with essential knowledge of the book: title, author info, publication date, genre, story premise, descriptions of main characters, and setting. Each edition also contains a "Words to Know" section, which students can refer to as they come across difficult words. Some even feature a list of words, along with their definitions, that are specific to the setting.
BOOKMARKS PLUS come 5 to a page, front to back, so you can print as many as you like for as long as you like with only a minimal initial investment! Also, the bookmarks come in both color and black-and-white versions.
DOWNLOAD THE PREVIEW FILE AND RECEIVE A FREE EDITION OF BOOKMARKS PLUS!
NOTE: The 25 "Words to Know" vocabulary words on the bookmarks are the same words covered in my THE LIGHT IN THE FOREST synonym/antonym crossword. See list below.
Also, the same 25 words are part of my THE LIGHT IN THE FOREST Prereading Crossword Puzzle, which familiarizes students with 50 challenging words before they read. See list below.
MIDDLE SCHOOL EDITIONS OF BOOKMARKS PLUS:
* Across Five Aprils
* Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl
* Anne Frank Remembered
* As I Lay Dying
* The Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman
* The Black Pearl
* The Boy in the Striped Pajamas
* Chasing Vermeer
* Ender’s Game
* Farewell to Manzanar
* The Giver
* The Glory Field
* Good Masters! Sweet Ladies!
* The Hunger Games
* Johnny Tremain
* Kira, Kira
* The Light in the Forest
* The Lightning Thief
* My Brother Sam Is Dead
* My Side of the Mountain
* Nothing But the Truth
* The Outsiders—FREE!
* The Pearl
* The Pigman
* Romeo and Juliet
* The Summer of the Swans
* The Slave Dancer
* That Was Then, This Is Now
* There’s a Girl in My Hammerlock
* Touching Spirit Bear
* The Witch of Blackbird Pond
* Walk Two Moons
Don't see a bookmark for your favorite title? Contact me through TPT, and I’ll create one for you!
Take a look at my new LOOKING GOOD ON PAPER products based on my years “in the trenches”--great writing lessons!
Here are my fun and unique products over THE LIGHT IN THE FOREST. View all 14 in my store!
• Bookmarks Plus: THE LIGHT IN THE FOREST edition--Handy Reading Aid! Helps students keep track of characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more!
• THE LIGHT IN THE FOREST Trivia Game—Fun for the Whole Class! My ThemeQuotes games are the only games that link famous, value-promoting quotations to the themes of the books you teach! Students work in teams to play this cross between Wheel of Fortune™ and Trivia Pursuit™ game! 257 questions!
• THE LIGHT IN THE FOREST: Prereading Crossword—50 Words to Familiar Students with Vocabulary Before Reading the Book! Helps prepare students for reading the book! Use with the The Light in the Forest edition of Bookmarks Plus and the The Light in the Forest Synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words!
• THE LIGHT IN THE FOREST: Synonym/Antonym Crossword—Use with Bookmarks Plus! Use with Bookmarks Plus and the 50-word Prereading Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words!
• THE LIGHT IN THE FOREST: 4 Novel-Based Word Searches—4 Different Categories! Categories: The Original People; A Massacre; In Search of Corn Blade; The Journey Back!
• THE LIGHT IN THE FOREST: 7 Cryptogram Puzzles—Encoded Quotations from the Book! Students decode thought-provoking quotations from the story! Each cryptogram puzzle has its own code. Who doesn’t love a code?
• THE LIGHT IN THE FOREST: 8 Quotefall Word Puzzles—Unique! Each quotefall is a quotation from the story. Students form individual words of the quotation by transferring letters from above the double line of the puzzle grid to squares in the columns directly below. Quotefalls can be challenging, but students love working them—and they’re great spelling workouts!
• THE LIGHT IN THE FOREST: Reading-for-Detail Crosswords! Great reviews for objective tests!
• THE LIGHT IN THE FOREST: 8 Cryptocategory Word Puzzles—Unique! Students decode 10 lists of categorized words from the book! Categories: Minor Characters—White; Minor Characters—Indian; Locations; The Forest; Del Hardy; The Village; True Son; A Peculiar Race
• THE LIGHT IN THE FOREST: Lenni Lenape Words/English Translation—Students provide English translation for the many Lenni/Lenape words used in the story.
• THE LIGHT IN THE FOREST: 2 Challenging Words Crosswords—Good Vocab Review! Students provide synonyms for challenging words from the story. Good extra credit activity!
• THE LIGHT IN THE FOREST: Anagram Crossword—Challenging & Fun! Students decipher common terms from the novel! The puzzle can be challenging, but, as with all crosswords, almost every time they enter a correct answer, they are provided with clues for the next.
• THE LIGHT IN THE FOREST: 10 Word Merges—One “Word” Becomes Two! Two-word phrases from the story are blended into one “word.” Students decipher the phrases. Harder than it sounds, but a good spelling workout!
• THE LIGHT IN THE FOREST: 16 Theme-Related Quotations + Teaching Ideas Well-researched, thought-provoking quotations by some of history’s greatest thinkers—each quotation relates to a theme in the book!
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!