The sea, dangerous storms, a lighthouse, two animals who become friends, and orphaned mice in danger....this tale has everything needed to become a favorite of your class! Students will love learning about how Pandora and Seabold meet and the events that lead to them becoming a family. This product is intended for use with the Common Core exemplar text The Lighthouse Family: The Storm.
This unit includes:
* Common Core Standards printed on every page of the unit
* Nine days of open ended questions for students to complete
* Two open ended questions for each day's reading based on close reading strategies and Common Core standards for reading literature.
* Ten vocabulary words with student-friendly definitions, vocabulary practice pages, synonym matching, a vocabulary crossword and a vocabulary matching quiz
* Venn diagram to compare and contrast Pandora and Seabold
* Two writing assignments: Comparing and contrasting Pandora and Seabold, and evaluating Pandora's life before and after meeting Seabold.
If you like this product, please follow my store and check out my other Common Core Reading units!
Charlotte's Web Common Core Reading Unit
Magic Tree House Dinosaurs Before Dark Common Core Reading Unit
Magic Tree House Abe Lincoln At Last Common Core Reading Unit
Moonshot Common Core Reading/Science Unit
Lead Us to Freedom, Harriet Tubman Common Core Reading/Social Studies Unit
Trail of Tears Common Core Reading Unit
Up a Rainforest Tree Common Core Reading Unit