PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Mr and Mrs Grinling are looking forward to an extra-special Christmas with their great-nephew, George. But on Christmas Eve, Mr Grinling and George get stranded in the middle of a storm! Can Mrs Grinling reach them in time for a Christmas Dinner?
The Lighthouse Keepers Christmas Kit includes four lesson plans plus all the resources you need to turn up, engage, and teach this fantastic story. Lessons include listening and speaking, comprehension, writing, art and a memory game. Delicious!
4 Full Lessons Plans
• listen and respond appropriately to adults and their peers
• give well-structured descriptions, explanations and narratives for different purposes, including for expressing feelings
• use spoken language to develop understanding through speculating, hypothesising
• imagining and exploring ideas
• listening to and discussing a wide range of poems, stories and non-fiction at a level beyond that at which they can read independently
• making inferences on the basis of what is being said and done
• predicting what might happen on the basis of what has been read so far
• sequencing sentences to form short narratives
• re-reading what they have written to check that it makes sense
• discuss what they have written with the teacher or other pupils
• develop positive attitudes towards and stamina for writing by:
writing narratives about personal experiences and those of others (real and fictional)
writing about real events
• use drawing and imagination to develop their ideas
• Use tone, pattern, line and shape in pictures
These lessons are written by children’s author and tutor Claire Vorster. Enjoy!