For English teachers, writing about literature is a joy. For students, the literary analysis essay can be a mystery.
This set of resources aims at dispelling any mystery by introducing students to the essential elements of the literary analysis essay.
With a glossary of basic terms and a series of informative printable and project-able slides, this set of resources provides a clear and strategic sense of the goals and content of the literary analysis essay.
Content includes tips & strategies for:
- Thesis-statements in literary analysis essays
- Types of evidence used in literary analysis essays
- How to use summary (and how NOT to use summary) in literary analysis essays
- Example body paragraphs with comments on when and how to cite from a text
- Do's and Don'ts for using critical sources
- How to move from reading and annotation to composition
- Glossary of essential literary terms
Each item is presented here in printable format as well as project-able format for use as the basis for lecture or class presentation/discussion.