The Literary Food Truck (Digital and PDF)
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This ginormous ELA bundle will solve a lot of your problems. You'll never have to stay up late trolling for lesson plan ideas again. You'll just dive into this folder, choose one of the dozens of activities and projects inside, and then hit the hay. Imagine the delicious smells of your own literaryPrice $40.00Original Price $62.99Save $22.99
Great for literature circles, choice reading assessment, and class novels, the literary food truck festival brings literary analysis in culinary form. Get ready for a mouth-watering and colorful day of critical thinking when the food truck festival arrives in your classroom.
*Updated for 2020-2021: Now you can also use the brand new digital version of this curriculum set, linked in the Zip file you'll see after you purchase. Students can brainstorm and create their trucks online.
If you and your students are a bit tired of writing (and grading) essays, and you could use a chance to think deeply in a brand new (STEAM-y) way, this project is for you. Students dive deep into textual analysis, then share their ideas with a themed food truck instead of a five paragraph essay.
You'll find everything you need to walk students through planning and designing their food trucks so they closely reflect their reading, then you can all smile your way through a special day together.
From the Reviews:
"Thank you! Great resource!"
"It was a good guide for me to use developing my STEAM activity for my students."
"I love this! Thanks!"
"This looks super fun & well put together! I can't wait to use this!"
"Used as an end-of-year activity & my 7/8 students produced amazing work!"
- Clear explanation of the project for your kiddos.
- Guided brainstorm to help them CONNECT their food truck brilliance to the reading.
- Menu and Crew Planners to further help them develop clear intentions for all the parts of their food truck.
- Final Display Requirements to help students prepare for your food truck festival.
- Meal ticket compliment cards to keep students on track as they enjoy the festival.
- A rubric for easy grading.
You might also enjoy:
An ELA STEM Activity: Literary Characters design their Own App
Complete Guide to a Successful Poetry Slam
I bet you're always looking for creative teaching ideas for your classroom. Share the journey in my free Facebook group, Creative High School English.
Love this? I'd love to have your review! You'll send me into one of those Seinfeld happy dances! Plus, you'll earn free credit for your next TPT purchase (whoo hoo!).