These 7 mini lessons are included in this bundle:
• The Importance of Reading
• Introducing Literature
• Determining the Author's Purpose
• The Elements of Setting
• The Elements of Plot
• How to Summarize
A word search activity and a crossword puzzle based on each mini lesson are included--the word search words are the vocabulary bank for the crossword puzzle.
All of these mini lessons are completely devoid of "Free Trial Version" stamps.
With each presentation and the associated puzzles, an entire class period will be needed to complete any of these individual mini lessons.
This application is a collection of 7 of the 30 MicroLessons available in the series, Language Arts Presenter.
Each MicroLesson features animated talking avatars who present instructional material to your language arts classes via a smart board or a digital projector.
In addition, these MicroLessons include...
• definitions and examples.
• direct instruction.
• a summary of the instruction (in most MicroLessons).
• practice quizzes ranging from 5 to 15 questions.
• an on-screen answer key.
• a word search and crossword puzzle to extend the mini lesson (the words found in the word search provide the word bank for the crossword puzzle).
Teachers report that during MicroLessons, they...
• appoint students to be mouse operators while they roam the classroom, keeping a wary eye on the knuckleheads.
• become dynamic partners with the avatars, giving additional examples of concepts, checking for comprehension, and reading questions and answer choices orally to the class.
• record scores, grade papers, or even work on lesson plans.
All of the mini lessons in the Language Arts Presenter series are accessible with any of the major web browsers, including Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, and Safari. As a result, these apps are compatible with all versions of both Windows and Mac.
The Literature Bundle, Full Version
by Chad Manis
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License