The Little Engine That Could
This packet was created as a resource to the Scott Foresman Reading Street® Unit 5 story, The Little Engine That Could! Please be sure to check out the preview of this product not every page is shown but you will get a good idea of what is included! Below is a more detailed description of what it includes. If you have any questions please ask before purchasing. ☺ Enjoy!
1. Cover ~ Title Page
2. Directions page
3. I have included a Cover Page for your focus board.
4. 4 Concept Question (s) of the week. (Great for a focus board!)
5. Amazing words poster
6. 6 individual amazing word posters with clip art and description
7. 6 – ½ sheet posters with the amazing word and clip art. Hang around your room for a write the room activity.
8. Printable – Worksheet to go along with the write the room amazing words
9. Printable – Checklist to go along with amazing words – write the room.
10. Journal pages for days 1-5.
11. 2 extra journal pages with train pictures on them.
12. 5 daily fix it printables – read it, fix it, write it, draw it.
13. Plot Poster
14. Nouns Poster
15. Letter Uu poster with clip art and c words
16. Letter U printable – draw pictures that start with the letter U
17. Uu printable – color the U pictures, fill in U is for _______ and draw a picture to match, handwriting practice.
18. Train memory game
19. A,e,i,o,u printable – use this with letter tiles. Ideas include having them graph a certain number of each tile, place one of each vowel in a cup and have them randomly choose one to graph. (I have some free letter tiles in my store if you don’t have this manipulative!)
20. Rhyming word cards – use for a memory game.
21. Handwriting Poster – Letter Oo – this poster could be laminated and students can practice with dry erase markers, or you can hang it on your focus board.
22. 5 daily fix it posters – there is room to correct the sentence. (Laminate for reuse and use with a dry erase marker.)
23. This weeks words – large cards – what, said, was
24. Color by sight word page –Train
25. Fill in the sentence printable – what, said, was
26. Flip & Find Printable
27. Sight word cards and character cards to use with Flip & Find ~ Color and B/W
(Flip & Find – place the cards in a pocket chart or on a table, have the children take turns picking a card and reading the word. (Another way to use this is to have laminated copies and have them mark the word somehow.) Activity is finished when all cards are flipped over. My kindergarteners LOVE this and it has really helped with sight word recognition!)
28. I have included 24 cards with people, places, and things on them.
29. Credits Page
There are a total of 72 pages included in this packet!
If you find this a helpful resource in your teaching of Scott Foresman Kindergarten Reading Street, please consider following my store! I will be adding resources packets to go along with the other stories! PLEASE, leave feedback!! ☺