The Little Match Girl is a classic story by Hans Christian Anderson. This analysis applies the common core standards for literature. The goal of the study is to challenge students with critical thinking questions directly connected to the text.
The study includes:
1. The story in block form with questions for each block.
2. Questions that are text-based and require analysis.
3. Using specific text to analyze the development of theme.
4. Analyzing the use of specific words and phrases to create mood and to drive the plot.
5. Recognizing elements of traditional literature--specifically the symbolic archetypes of fire and stars.
6. Evaluation of Disney's animated version of the story available on You Tube including questions to guide the analysis.
7. Complete answer keys.
8. Test with answer key.
The Little Match Girl Christmas Short Story Analysis for the Common Core
by Dianne Watson
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License