- A great value bundle of Little Match Girl + ESL Christmas Fun Activity Pack + something for the first days back in the New Year!This will give you weeks of activities and readings in the run up to Christmas and then a lesson and handout for the first days back.The Little Match GirlProduct Descriptio$7.49$8.99Save $1.50
- Make your year a little easier, and give your ELL students high quality, high interest, fun materials! If you covered everything in this pack it would probably take around 70 school days. That's a lot of material for your school year -- nearly 4 months!Many of these 33 resources work with multiple l$45.00$88.87Save $43.87
- Product Description
Tackle vocabulary and ELA critical thinking -- including inferencing -- with a high-interest story, and bundled lesson ideas, graphic organizers and activities!
An ESL adaptation of the classic Hans Christian Andersen Christmas and New Year story.
This three-part story is part of a collection of high-interest material specifically designed by an experienced ESL/ELA teacher for ENL, ESL, ELL students. It is short enough for beginners (spanning 15 pages of text, activities, and graphic organizers), yet contains meaningful content and exciting activities that are sure to provoke discussion. ELA concepts are embedded throughout the text. Extensive lesson plan suggestions are included.
The ten-sided handout should be copied for your class. The images can be displayed on a screen, if you have one. You can add on five pages of graphic organizers, if you want to use them.
- One three-part story with artwork. In developing this product my beginner students spent around one and a half weeks on it. It also works well with more advanced students, who are not ready for the original text.
- Activities including vocabulary and writing.
- 5-days of lesson plans with standard, ready to submit, or edit.
- Ideas for teachers — what to do before reading, during reading and after reading.
- Extension project ideas.
- Two grids for retelling the story as a comic.
- A portrait frame (to teach character) with text detail boxes.
- A film strip graphic organizer for teaching setting.
- A skit graphic organizer.
- Answer keys and rubrics.
More great materials for your ELLs:
Be sure to check out my Halloween products for nonfiction, an original short story, plus the classic "The Monkey's Paw". They are all for beginner ESL students, and there is a great value bundle containing the whole lot of them. If you're looking for fun activities, nonfiction, a short story for Christmas ("The Little Match Girl") and the New Year, take a look at my Christmas and New Year materials. I also have a series of short stories that will engage your students at any time, while teaching grammar and vocab. Enjoy browsing, and have fun teaching!
= Fiction, Conflict, Questioning, Setting, Theme, Details, Inferencing, Character
= Five hours, plus (depending on how many of the additional exercises you use, such as the setting or character handouts.)