This fantastic fall book companion
is an engaging and fun
tool to support instruction and practice of 9 different language skills!
Some of the targeted language skills include tier 1 vocabulary, sequencing, story retell, comprehension of text/information, verb usage, same/different, inferencing, emotions, and attributes. Instructional cards, task cards, sorting activities and worksheets are included within this product. This product is black and white to reduce printing costs related to colored ink.
This book companion is perfect for SLPs or special education teachers
and is intended to be used in conjunction with the book "The Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid Of Anything" by Linda Williams.
Here's what's included:
→ Vocabulary Cards ←
• 7 Tier 1 vocabulary cards: Use these cards for receptive identification or expressive labeling tasks.
→ Story Retelling Mat and Visuals ←
• 1 Sequencing Mats
• 8 Visuals for the 8 scene Sequencing Mat
→ Interactive Story Retelling Booklet ←
• 8 page story retelling booklet
• 6 visuals to complete each page in the booklet
→ Comprehension Questions ←
• 11 Expressive Comprehension Questions: Use these cards to ask your students questions related to the story.
• 8 Receptive Comprehension Questions: Use these cards to ask your students questions related to the story with answers provided in a field of 3.
→ Positional Concepts ←
• 11 Positional Cards telling where the pumpkin is located
• 8 Positional Cards asking the student "Where is the pumpkin?"
→ Past Tense Verbs ←
• 11 past tense verb sentence prompts. Use these cards to have your students produce correct form of the verb listed on the card (clomped, nodded, etc).
The included verbs are related to the book.
→ Same and Different ←
• 11 same and different cards (objects in a field of 3). Identify the pictures that are the same or the picture that is different.
→ What Am I? Inferencing ←
• 7 description cards. Guess the object from the story that is being described.
• 7 general inferencing cards.
→ Emotions ←
• 7 picture cards containing images of children exhibiting different emotions. Each card explains the facial features to look for when determining someones emotions.
→ How Would You Feel? ←
• 11 “How would you feel?” cards with a short situation. Tell how you would feel in each situation.
→ Synonyms or Antonyms ←
• 18 cards containing two related words. Use these cards to determine if the word pairs are synonyms or antonyms.
• 1 answer card
→ Attributes ←
• 6 graphic organizers to describe the story vocabulary.
✎ Please note: The Speech Owl is in no way affiliated with this book or the author, Linda Williams. You must purchase this book separately
→ You may also like these related products: ←
Pumpkin Soup: A Book Companion for Language
When The Leaf Blew In: Book Companion For Language
One Is A Feast For Mouse: A Book Companion For LanguageThere Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed Some LeavesThere Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed A Bat
☛ Please feel free to ask any questions you may have before purchasing! ☚
★ Also, follow my store to receive notifications when I post new products. New products are 50% off for the first 48 hours after they are posted.
☑ Don't forget to leave feedback to receive credits towards future purchases!
The Speech Owl