The Little Prince: Chapter Questions & Tests Bundled (save $6)
The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry:
Chapter Questions/Discussion Topics & Tests Bundled
This bundle is $6 less than buying tests & chapter questions individually ($35.40).
> 20 pages
> Three tests, each covering 1/3 of the novel
> Chapter questions for all chapters
> Pgs. 1-6: Chapter questions
> Pgs. 7-10: Chapter question keys
> Pgs. 11-18: Three tests
> Pgs. 19-20: Test keys
-30 questions, plus one extra credit question at end
-Multiple choice & T/F
-Multiple choice, T/F, & two short answer questions
-Multiple choice, T/F, two short, & 2 long answer questions (these ask for a four sentence minimum response)
* Discuss three ways in which the theme of perspective comes up in the novel.
* According to the fox, what makes the prince’s rose so important?
(A) Her four thorns can serve as weapons
(B) The time the prince has spent caring for her
(C) The special way she expresses her love
(D) Her unmatchable beauty
(E) None of the above
* How does the fox define to “tame?”
(A) “To soften the spirit”
(B) “To establish ties”
(C) “To learn to love”
(D) “To master another being”
* Finish this quote by the fox: “You become __________________, forever, for what you have tamed.”
* What is ephemeral?
(A) the little prince’s planet
(B) the little prince’s rose
(C) the little prince’s search for answers
(D) All of the above
* The tippler (drunkard) represents
(A) greed/thirst for power
(C) shame/weakness of man
(D) None of the above
THE CHAPTER QUESTIONS
> Chapter questions cover the entire novel.
> 82 questions total
> Ch 1 questions include five pre-reading questions
> Many reflective/no wrong answer style to encourage independent thinking & interpretation.
> Ideal for Socratic circles/group discussion OR as standard chapter questions
> Directions for chapter questions are always (or extremely similar wording):
"Responses must be in complete sentences, on lined paper, and stapled to the assignment. Responses must be thoughtful and complete to receive full credit. Two complete sentences, minimum, for each question are required for full credit. More than two sentences may be required to answer questions thoughtfully!"
> There are an average of 10 questions per chapter collection. The collections are grouped as follows:
Ch. 1, Ch. 2, Ch. 3-4, Ch. 5, Ch. 6-8, Ch. 9-15, Ch. 16-21, Ch. 22-27
* The rose uses a cough to cover something up, to distract the little prince. What does she try to cover up?
* What is wonderful to the prince when he feels very sad? Does the prince answer the narrator’s question regarding whether he felt sad the day he watched the sun set 44 times? Why or why not? (your guess)
* “Grown-ups are like that.” What does the narrator mean by this?
* Do you detect any foreshadowing in chapter 17? Explain what it might be.
* Chapter 22 - What do the rushing trains represent? In what way is the author pointing out that children are different in their perspectives or priorities from adults?
* How does the narrator judge whether a grown-up “really understood anything”?
Purchase this resource for $3.65 LESS: The Little Prince: Chapter Questions & Tests Bundled
<>All resources are designed for struggling learners. Great modified or alternative resource for special education or below-level learners. Reading comprehension questions are great for discussion as they're often reflective/no wrong answer style. Ideal for Socratic circles. The questions encourage independent thinking & interpretation of this multi-layered philosophical novel which reflects upon friendship, love, and the meaning of life. Questions are roughly 8th grade level.
All The Little Prince Resources
Tests, chapter questions, creative & essay writing activities, graphic organizers, unit, and more!
FEEDBACK IS APPRECIATED, thanks in advance!
~~Diverse, Quality Teaching Resources~~