Also included in
- Are you using fairy tales to teach reading comprehension skills? Use favorite story activities included in this bundle to practice retelling, story parts, summarizing, comparing and contrasting, character study and more during your reading groups, literacy block, or fairy tale centers with the inclu$20.00$28.00Save $8.00
Practice identifying story parts, retelling/ sequencing, character traits, and opinion response with these Little Red Hen unit activities. Printable activities are included along with some digital components for distance learning using Google Slides. Extend the learning with more literacy and math activities as students practice ABC Order, letter scrambles, and more!
*Vocabulary word wall cards
*Story mat retelling craftivity to practice story parts, sequencing, and oral retell
*mini retelling booklet (with and without guiding pictures) for students to write a summary/ retell
*Retelling cut and glue- this typed in version of the story is great for differentiation of the retelling booklet as students can cut and sequence the story events and glue them right in over the writing space.
*Character web and writing pages
*Theme/ lesson organizer and writing page
*Narrative and opinion prompts
*Literacy Extension- ABC order, Scrambled letter, & 2 make a list activities
*Math Extension- Roll and color (Numbers to 6 and addition to 12 version) and Solve and Write the Room (2 versions- counting and adding within 10)
Most writing pages are offered in two line sizes.
Digital Resources (These are all included with a link on page 2 of your PDF. The Digital files are created using Google Slides)
1. Notes from your teacher: You can include this slide in your assignment if you'd like to send your students information
2.My Work- You can assign this page if you'd like students to take a picture of their work to submit to you.
3. Vocabulary- Students read the vocabulary words. Some guide questions included.
4. Printable story mat pieces -This must be printed. This can't be played digitally but is included for easier sharing.
5.Sequencing (match the words to the picture to retell the story)
6.Type a summary using guide words
7.Character Web & Typing Page. 1 web (students drag the wolf or Little Red depending on the character they'd like to write about. 1 writing page for students to type about either character is also included.
8. Opinion Organizer- Student type to tell their opinion with guide words.
9. ABC Order (Drag and drop the words)
10. Word scramble- How many words can you make using the letters in LITTLE RED HEN with an additional option printable page with letter tiles.
11- Optional Printable Resources- Included for more convenient sharing or as optional printable activities.
The Digital Math Task Cards are interactive. Students can drag the cards to solve and then type the answers just like they would during a write the room activity.
This resource is now included in my Fairy Tale Bundle at a huge savings!