This retelling pack was developed to be used after reading The Little Red Hen. There are different options available to accommodate for the different versions of the story. Most activities are print and go or with little, very easy prep. The retelling activities are a favorite of my little ones! These packs help work on retelling and sequencing skills while having a whole lot of fun!
• Vocabulary Cards: Print on cardstock, laminate, and cut apart words or leave as a poster. Preview vocabulary from the story prior to reading and/or review vocabulary after reading the story. Place in writing center, pocket chart, or back with magnetic tape and use on magnetic board/cookie sheet. I have my students pick a card, write it down and draw a picture to illustrate the word.
• Story Headbands and Puppet Pieces: Print the animal pictures from the story and attach to sentence strips. Students can wear the headbands to re-enact the story. Use with puppet pieces to retell the story.
• Story sequencing: Cut and glue pictures in order of the story.
• Essential Questions: Students can circle or color the correct answer to check comprehension.
• Emergent Reader: A simpler version of the story to encourage retelling by young readers.
Follow my store by clicking the green star and blog
to be notified when new products are posted!
New items are discounted 50% for the first 48 hours!