As a back to school gift I am offering this packet as a FREEBIE!!! Please download it, check it out, and if you find it to be useful PLEASE leave positive feedback! I have been busy creating similar packets to go along with all the RS Kindergarten units so if you love it please follow my store!!! Thanks and enjoy!
This packet was created as a resource to the Scott Foresman Reading Street® Unit 1 story, The Little School Bus. Please be sure to check out the preview of this product. Below is a description of what it includes. Enjoy!
1. Cover ~ Title Page
2. Concept questions of the unit, week, day (Great for a focus board!)
3. Character poster – comprehension skill of the week
4. High frequency words poster –I, am
5. Amazing words poster
6. 6 individual amazing word posters with clip art and description
7. Printable – Worksheet to go along with the amazing words
8. Center Activity– Ride the Bus – Color copy, B/W copy, and matching cards
9. Center – Journal Pages Day 1-5
10. Center – I Am worksheet
11. Rhyming Words Poster
12. How do you get to school? Poster
13. Center page – Bus Ride
14. Center Cards for Let’s Count
15. 5 daily fix it posters – if laminated these could be reusable.
16. I, am sight word cards – Add to word ring or for send home practice.
17. Character/Sequence Cards
18. Extend Your Day – Character Cards – Use these with the Character/Sequence cards and ask was a frog in the story? Was a worm in the story?
19. Printable – A, B, C, D, and E – 4 piece puzzles – Use at a center, use as a reinforcement activity, or keep together for a letter introduction poster.
20. Poster – Practicing Sequence – Which character is first? What place is the goat in? Refer to the poster to answer the questions.
21. Printable – cut and glue the animals in the order they got on the school bus.
22. Rainbow writing – I, am
23. Fill in the sentence printable – I, am
24. Flip & Find Printable
25. 4 pages of sight word cards to match the Flip & Find
(Flip & Find – place the cards in a pocket chart or on a table, have the children take turns picking a card and reading the word or naming the character from the story, trace the word on their printable worksheet or color the character. Activity is finished when all cards are flipped over. My kindergarteners LOVE this and it has really helped with sight word recognition!)
26. ________ is my name, _______is my game printable worksheet
27. Printable – coloring with sight words I, am – bus
28. Credits Page
There are a total of 61 pages included in this packet!
If you find this a helpful resource in your teaching of Scott Foresman Kindergarten Reading Street, please consider following my store! I will be adding resources packets to go along with the other stories!