With this packet students will read the book "The Lorax" by Dr. Seuss. Students will practice vocabulary, nouns, adjectives, verbs, answer comprehension questions, and write a problem/solution summary on pollution.
This unit was designed for 3rd - 5th grade. All comprehension questions are aligned with Florida State Standards which are compatible with Common Core State Standards.
These activities could be used in small group, whole group, reading stations, or independent practice.
* 1 Vocabulary Review - 10 words
* 1 Grammar Review
- Nouns and adjectives used in the book to describe the Street of the Lifted Lorax at the beginning of the story
- Action verbs used to describe the Brown Bar-ba-loots at the beginning of the story.
- Adjectives used to describe the way the Truffula Trees feel, smell, and look at the beginning of the story
* 18 Comprehension Questions
* multiple choice
* Part A and Part B
* graphic response
* short answer response
* RL.1.1 - 1 question
* RL.1.2 - 1 question
* RL.1.3 - 9 questions
* RL.2.4 - 4 questions
* RL.2.6 - 2 questions