Your poor frogs are lost! Help all three of them
find their way back to the pond!
• Print game boards, directions and cover in color.
• Paste each game board to the inside of a file folder
• Paste the cover to the front of the file folder and
the lily pad directions to the back.
• Laminate file folder for durability.
Game cards and Pieces
• Print frog pieces and cards on card stock
• Laminate and cut out
• Blank cards are included for you to make your
• Each player chooses which color frog they will be.
• Shuffle cards and place face down in a pile.
• Each player chooses a card and reads the word on it.
• They decide which sound they hear in the word the long vowel sound or the short vowel sound.
• They move one of their frogs to the corresponding
o Example: They choose a card and it says dog.
They move their frog to the closest ŏ space.
• The card gets put back in the pile on the bottom.
• If they can’t move their frog they put the card on the bottom of the pile.
• The winner is the person who gets all three of their frogs to the pond first.