This lesson plan focuses on identifying verbs and putting the events of the story, The Loudest Lion by Paul Bright, in order from beginning to end. The lesson addresses the following Common Core State Standards:
• CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.1.1 Ask and answer questions about key details in a text.
• CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.1.2 Retell stories, including key details, and demonstrate understanding of their central message or lesson.
• CCSS.ELA-Literacy.SL.1.5 Add drawings or other visual displays to descriptions when appropriate to clarify ideas, thoughts, and feelings.
• CCSS.ELA-Literacy.SL.1.2 Ask and answer questions about key details in a text read aloud or information presented orally or through other media.
• CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.1.3 Write narratives in which they recount two or more appropriately sequenced events, include some details regarding what happened, use temporal words to signal event order, and provide some sense of closure.
• CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.1.1e Use verbs to convey a sense of past, present, and future (e.g., Yesterday I walked home; Today I walk home; Tomorrow I will walk home).
If you see short stories in my store that you would also like to bundle, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I can build a packet of 5 stories for $10 to meet your classroom needs.
Before rating, please contact me at email@example.com if you find an error and I will quickly fix and resend the product to you.
Check out our blog about school improvement strategies!
Please download my featured FREE product at http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Middle-School-SAT-List-1-Vocabulary-Unit-and-PowerPoint-Lecture-1-of-10
If you are extremely dissatisfied with a product please contact me so I can attempt to correct the situation. I do not offer refunds on electronic products but will offer a replacement item in some cases. I want you to be happy so you'll be a return customer.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.