Improve relaxation and calm with these mindfulness relaxation movement cards to take those wild animals.
The Mindfulness Zoo is the place where wild animal children learn skills to become domesticated pet children. The animals that live in the mindfulness zoo learn and practice mindfulness strategies that help manage anger, anxiety, restlessness, stress, inattention and boredom.
The 32 mindfulness task cards include a variety of relaxation strategies written through the eyes of the zoo animals. Mindful awareness, Brain Gym® movements, MindUp® tips, progressive muscle relaxation, visualization, and breathing exercises are highlighted throughout the cards.
Color friendly task cards, reinforcement cards, and bonus coloring pages and spinner also included.
Excellent resource for children with ADHD, hyperactivity, anxiety, and anger. And, a fun goodie to be placed in calm down kits.
1. Randomly select animal task card to read for a brain break. Track completed breaks on the game board with a dry erase marker. This activity may be played in one setting or over time with the final goal to complete all mindfulness brain breaks.
2. Have each group participant take one task card to demonstrate to the group.
3. Play the game traditionally with your own dice. On the game board, starting at the zoo, use an animal cracker or other preferred marker as a game piece. Roll the di and the number it lands on will be how many spaces the game piece moves. Read the task card for the animal that was landed on.
4. Print two of each animal task card and play the game “go fish.”
5. Use the Mindfulness Spinner to choose your relaxation movement.