Let's face it, MLA format can feel like the ogre under the academic bed. Intimidating. Complicated. Not to mention annoying.
But with the resources now available to our kids online (like the Purdue writing lab's guide to citation), it doesn't have to be so stressful. All we really need to do is introduce students to the basic system, teach them to cite their favorite sources, and give them a roadmap to the right online source for when they need to cite something wild, like an interview originally conducted in Russian, then translated to English one hundred years later and moved online as part of a podcast.
This curriculum set can get it all done for you.
The goal here is to make MLA more fun, for you and your students. With colorful posters for your walls, handy bookmark references for your students, and two options for projects to get your students going making their own mini-guides (whether it's a graphic designer or an infographic), this packet is your solution to the chorus of "I hate MLA" you've probably been hearing.
From The Reviews:
- "This has been the best resource I've used so far to help my kids understand MLA 8 format. The graphics really help the students understand the concept of plugging in the right information. Many keep the bookmarks in the back of their ipad cases for reference."
- "I LOVE LOVE LOVE this resource. It is visually appealing but also simple. My students found this resource useful and easier to understand than other guides they have been guided to use."
- "This was exactly what i was looking for to provide examples and visuals for MLA citations for students."
Here's what's inside:
- 8 colorful posters for handy reference, including the new basic citation format for all MLA citations and info for referencing the most common sources students use
- Matching bookmarks that show the new basic citation format
- An introduction to the nitty gritty of MLA with a graphic organizer kids can fill out for their favorite sources
- An infographics project you can have advanced students complete if you want them to go deep with the online resource of your choice, really learning their way around for their future citation needs
Please check out the preview to see EVERYTHING that's included, plus photos of the resources.
Loving your new MLA resources? You'd make my day if you dropped a quick review below!
Questions? Contact me anytime at email@example.com.
You might also be interested in: