Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
1.47 MB | 66 pages
The Magic Finger
Grade 2 ELA > Reading - Literature and Informative
The Magic Finger by Roald Dahl is an eight lesson teaching unit which consists of a 66 slide PowerPoint and a 12-page booklet of worksheets. It contains a variety of lessons and activities designed to develop pupil knowledge and understanding of the novel's plot, characters, language and themes.
The Magic Finger (Roald Dahl) teaching resource includes the following:
- A unit overview with 8 ready to teach lessons covering the Roald Dahl, plot, character, themes and language
- A Roald Dahl mini biography, a video about Roald Dahl, a comprehension task and a class game
- Reading, writing and speaking and listening activities
- Developing making predictions skills using book covers (images, title, author, blurb) about plot, characters, themes and genre
- Exploring how Roald Dahl creates characters
- Writing-frame to help children write about characters
- Examining Roald Dahl's use of language in The Magic Finger (using effective verbs and adjectives)
- Creating a comic strip version of The Magic Finger to assess understanding of the plot
- Tips for tackling new words
- Cross curricular - Endangered species and wild birds research and poster task (Geography, Citizenship, nature and the environment)
- A 66 slide PowerPoint presentation (see preview below)
- 12 worksheets to accompany the PowerPoint slideshow
To view the English Teaching Resource: The Magic Finger by Roald Dahl in more detail you can click on the Powerpoint images in the boxes.