The Magic Hat is such a perfect story to read to students and is one of my favourites! This literacy unit includes 13 different resources to use with your little learners. There are a variety of activities, some differentiated to suit a range of learners. There is everything from writing prompts to craft, to puppets and word wall displays. All you need is a copy of the book 'The Magic Hat' by Mem Fox and you are ready to go. Most activities are no prep, making your weekly planning much easier.
This is what is included in the pack:
1. If I had a magic wand prompt (4 different versions to choose from)
2. Design your own magic hat - Choose for students to draw their own hat, or use the template provided.
3. If the magic hat landed on my head I would turn into ___ prompt
4. Sequencing - 2 versions
6. Sentence making cut and paste: - 2 versions
7. My favourite part
8. Prediction drawing
9. Where is the wizard going now prompt
10. Rhyming words worksheet
11. A get to know you game Continue around the circle until everyone has had a turn.
13. Word wall words
This unit is perfect for the start of the year and will get your students excited about learning!
I have also created a phonemic awareness game to go with this story. You can find it here
If you liked this unit, check out my store for my other literacy units. Keep updated by following my instagram page @mrs_mccarthys_classroom or my Facebook page Ms K's Kreations.