The Magic Paintbrush by Liz Miles ( a traditional Chinese folk tale)
A free Oxford Owl ebook.
Read the book daily for a week and complete an activity a day - oh so simple!
1. Sequencing (reading)
2. Multiple Choice Comprehension
3. Editing - students add capital letters and full stops to story sentences.
4. Match-up/Syllables – students match up connected story words and then count the syllables in story words.
6. Writing – retell outline
7. Bumper word search
8. Mapping – student locate and color/colour China on a World Map.
9. Story sentence – students cut and unjumble a story sentence.
10. Selfish or Selfless – students choose whether a story event was selfish or selfless.
11. Display Sign – making a class display board showcasing Magic Paintbrush work? Print off this sign, laminate and display.
12. An internet link to the teaching notes from Oxford Owl. Not my notes, but a useful link none the less.
All activities were created with Year/Grade 1 in mind!
Prefer a different font? Just ask.. if I can, I will!