Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
3.19 MB | 10 pages
The Make-up of Matter – A Third Grade SmartBoard Introduction is a 3rd grade level SmartBoard instructional presentation.
This lesson focuses on the particles that matter is made of. The lesson includes:
• Terminology (metal, atom, element, compound and chemical change).
• Explanation of metals and magnetism
• What elements are along with how atoms make-up matter.
• Introduction to the periodic table.
• Introduction to compounds.
• How chemical changes occur.
• Review of physical vs. chemical changes
Also included is 1 SmartBoard activity that is also available in PDF form for individual work/assignment.
• Students will examine 15 different pictures and circle the pictures that show a chemical change in an object.