The Man Who Walked Between the Towers by Mordicai Gerstein Lesson & Activities
1st - 5th, Homeschool
A guided reading or interactive read aloud lesson plan for the biography mentor text book The Man Who Walked Between the Towers by Mordicai Gerstein. This book is also available in Spanish titled El hombre que caminó entre las dos torres. Activities are in English and Spanish! A great read about Philippe Petit: The Man on Wire.
Lessons and activities focus on:
- describing character traits
- comparing and contrasting different versions of a story
- analyzing key details with text evidence
- author's message/lesson
The lesson plans include:
- teacher script with strategic stopping points and questions for students to discuss
- printable prompts for student post-reading responses through discussion in writing or reading response logs
- 4-5 day plan
- Discussion questions
- Suggested discussion strategies
- Strategic stopping points for questioning and close reading
- Anchor chart examples
- Sentence stems / frames for oracy and vocabulary development
- Great for bilingual classrooms
- Printable worksheets for written responses in a reading log
How to Use This Resource:
- whole group
- small group
- as a reading intervention
- special education (SPED)
- bilingual or Dual Language / DLI classrooms
- with ELLs for ESL instruction
- Great for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th grade
Your first, second, third, fourth or fifth grade students will love this story!
✰ ✭ ✰ ✭ ✰ ✭ ✰ ✭ ✰ ✭ ✰ ✭ ✰ ✭ ✰ ✭ ✰ ✭ ✰ ✭
You May Also Like:
Report this resource to TPT
Reported resources will be reviewed by our team. Report this resource to let us know if this resource violates TPT’s content guidelines.
to see state-specific standards (only available in the US).
With prompting and support, ask and answer questions about key details in a text.
With prompting and support, retell familiar stories, including key details.
With prompting and support, identify characters, settings, and major events in a story.
Ask and answer questions about unknown words in a text.
Recognize common types of texts (e.g., storybooks, poems).