Also included in
- Make your Poe unit even more creepy and engaging with this bundle of engaging activities!$16.00$21.50Save $5.50
- ALL of my American Literature Escape Rooms, bundled together to save you money & help you engage & challenge your students!"The Crucible" Escape Room: Engaging Post-Reading Literary AnalysisRevolutionary War Rhetorical Analysis Escape Room: Persuasion & RhetoricTranscendentalism Escape R$30.50$35.50Save $5.00
- Need engaging, challenging lessons for your American Literature course? Want to save hundreds of hours lesson-planning and take your time back? This mega-bundle of my tried-and-true resources is here to save the day. When you purchase this bundle, you will receive ALL of my American Lit resources, i$150.00$236.25Save $86.25
Engage your students and practice literary analysis with this engaging, elaborate ESCAPE ROOM for Edgar Allan Poe's Masque of the Red Death. This escape room activity can be facilitated virtually, traditionally, or with a blended/hybrid approach. Get ready to creep your students out even more as they attempt to escape the Red Death at Prince Prospero's masquerade!
This sequential escape room takes students through 7 "rooms" (like the story) or challenges. The challenges start simple, with reading comprehension, and gradually progress to more cognitively complex tasks involving symbolism, allegory, and theme.
There are three different options:
- Traditional (Pencil & Paper Escape Room: No technology needed)
- Blended (Traditional + Technology: Google form with clues automates the breakout, but the tasks are hidden around the room like in the traditional escape room)
- Fully Digital (The Google form is all students need. This is also a great option for absent students who are making up the escape room)
Complete materials and detailed instructions for ALL methods are included.
Please be aware that both the traditional and blended escape room require some prep (reading the instructions, printing the tasks, cutting matching cards, and hiding the tasks around the room). If you don’t have prep time, the fully digital option is your best option.
This 42-page PDF product contains absolutely EVERYTHING you need:
-Teacher Guide & FAQ
-Teacher To-Do List
-Ideas for Setting the Mood & Transforming Your Room
-Paper Versions of Code Recording Sheet & Clues
-Instructions on Hiding the Tasks
-Explanation of Tasks
-Full Text of "Masque of the Red Death"
-Signs, Props, and Decorations