The Masters & Me Art History Lessons package comes with 40 Art activities including 10 famous artists with 4 lessons for each! If you teach Art with your class once a week, this package could cover the entire year of Art! Please NOTE this is called The Masters & Me Art History Lessons Using Children’s Literature, meaning I did purchase some Art picture books to supplement my lessons. However, these lessons and activities can be taught without the books and are not mandatory but do add interest to the lessons or activities.
From this package students will learn about the Art Elements: Line, Color, Value, Shape, Form, Space and Texture. During lessons students learn how artists use these elements and principles as well as their senses and personal experiences to create works of art! These lessons also have a specific Art History focus to educate students about the works of 10 Famous Artists Including: Claude Monet, Pablo Picasso, Edgar Degas, Henri Matisse, Vincent Van Gogh, Leonardo da Vinci, Paul Cezanne, Michelangelo Buonarroti, Andy Warhol & Edvard Munch.
Included in this package are 10 Artist bundles; one for each Artist with 4 lessons or 4 weeks within each. Also included is a recommended picture book list, full page photo of each artist, materials, lessons and my sample exemplars. Lessons within each are as follows:
1. Lesson #1: Nature Valley Tissue Paper Flowers Planning
2. Lesson #2: Nature Valley Tissue Paper Flowers
3. Lesson #3: Pastel Flower Creations
4. Lesson #4: My Mini Monet Water Garden
1. Lesson #1: My Self-Portrait
2. Lesson #2: Picasso Me
3. Lesson #3: Medusa Me
4. Lesson #4: My Frozen Mix Up
1. Lesson #1: Degas’ Dancer Sculpture Planning
2. Lesson #2: Degas’ Dancer Sculpture
3. Lesson #3: Gesture Dolls Drawing
4. Lesson #4: Gesture Friends Drawing
1. Lesson #1: King of Color Scratch Art Prep
2. Lesson #2: King of Color Scratch Art
3. Lesson #3: Neon Cutting Art Collage
4. Lesson #4: Icarus Me (Blue Dance Silhouette)
Vincent Van Gogh
1. Lesson #1: Pastel Starry Night
2. Lesson #2: Pastel Starry Night Cont’d.
3. Lesson #3: Texture Sunflowers
4. Lesson #4: Painting Pointillism Sunflowers
Leonardo da Vinci
1. Lesson #1: Mona Lisa Mix-Up
2. Lesson #2: Symmetry Name Monster
3. Lesson #3: Blind Contour Drawing
4. Lesson #4: Realism Symmetry & Frozen Symmetry
1. Lesson #1: Black & White Still Life Apples
2. Lesson #2: “The Basket of Apples” Pastels
3. Lesson #3: “The Basket of Apples” Painting
4. Lesson #4: Cubism Characters (Sister Bear)
1. Lesson #1: “My Sistine Bedroom” Planning
2. Lesson #2: “My Sistine Bedroom” Designing
3. Lesson #3: Creation Station
4. Lesson #4: Creation Station Cont’d.
1. Lesson #1: Campbell's Soup Pop Art
2. Lesson #2: I’m in Pop Art
3. Lesson #3: Draw Your Own Pop Art
4. Lesson #4: Printmaking & Stamp Printmaking
1. Lesson #1: “The Scream Me”
2. Lesson #2: Painting Techniques
3. Lesson #3: Munch Me Canvas Art
4. Lesson #4: Landscapes Canvas Art
I hope you have a great year in art embracing your student’s creative sides and fostering their inner Mini Michelangelo’s and Little Leonardo’s!
If you liked this product and found it useful in your classroom please remember to leave some comments and feedback as I love to hear from you! You can also earn TPT Credits for your purchases on TPT. That means if you provide feedback you get one TPT credit for each $ you spend. Every 100 TPT Credits you earn gets you $5 to apply towards future products. Thanks so much!