Question set and answer key to accompany The Mechanical Universe (College) episode described below. The series was previously hosted at the Annenberg Learner website, but is now available on YouTube (thanks to CalTech).
Episode 15. Conservation of Momentum: - Link to video
What keeps the universe ticking away until the end of time? [2 pages; 22 questions]
I have organized the series into six groups on my own Mechanical Universe of Phyz page. The page has direct links to each episode of The Mechanical Universe on YouTube. This episode is part of the College Edition Yellow Set: Conservation and Rotation.
Lessons of Phyz advantages:
- A heavy font ensures high legibility even in dim lighting.
- Questions are designed to be answered while the video plays—quick, simple responses keep students engaged without requiring deep reflection that would take them out of the presentation.
- Question types are mixed: fill-in-the-blank, multiple choice, and short answer are common; in some cases, matching or simple illustrations are involved.
- I am a classroom teacher; I designed these resources for use with my own students.
- If you find competing products online, by all means check them out. They may be cheaper; they may be free. None of them will be as professional, polished, or classroom-ready as this one.