Also included in
- See individual product listings for descriptions and previews.Print-friendly Google Docs Update (Summer 2021): These documents were originally created to be printed and photocopied for classroom use. When the pandemic forced instruction to be remote, the documents were quickly recreated in Google Do$29.99$43.92Save $13.93
Question sets and answer keys to accompany The Mechanical Universe High School Adaptation episodes described below. The high school adaptation videos are no longer available for purchase, and none of the previous distributors posted them for streaming. I posted them to YouTube and have included the corresponding video links below. I have not monetized the videos, but YouTube now runs ads on them per their Terms of Service.]
Set 5: Electrostatics
5.1. Electric Fields And Forces (One version) Link to video 5.1
5.2. Equipotentials And Fields (A/B+Full versions) Link to video 5.2
5.3. Potential Difference And Capacitance (A/B+Full versions) Link to video 5.3
5.4. The Millikan Experiment (A/B+Full versions) Link to video 5.4
Two versions (A/B where available) reduces the wandering-eye tendencies of neighbors; certain students might even complain that there is something wrong with their sheet since it's different from their neighbor's! “Full” versions combine A/B versions into a single document.
Other Lessons of Phyz advantages:
- A heavy font ensures high legibility even in dim lighting
- Questions are designed to be answered while the video plays—quick, simple responses keep students engaged without requiring deep reflection that would take them out of the presentation
- Question types are mixed: fill-in-the-blank, multiple choice, and short answer are common; in some cases, matching or simple illustrations are involved
- I am a classroom teacher; I designed these resources for use with my own students
- If you find competing products online, by all means check them out. They may be cheaper; they may be free. None of them will be as professional, polished, or classroom-ready as this one.
Print-friendly Google Docs Update (Summer 2021): These documents were originally created to be printed and photocopied for classroom use. When the pandemic forced instruction to be remote, the documents were quickly recreated in Google Docs format. When instruction migrated into hybrid models, another redesign was called for: print-friendly Google Docs.
The student Google Docs files linked to in this product are suitable for use as Google Docs and for printing and photocopying. My priority is to redesign the student documents first. The answer keys will remain as PDFs for the immediate future.
A page with all the Mechanical Universe High School Adaptation videos can be found here.