Also included in
- This money-saving bundle includes both the print and digital versions of this self-guided mini unit for middle school ELA.Complete, flexible mini unit: assign either 2 or 4 lessonsNo prepTeacher instructions and answer keys includedClick on each of the items included to see all the details and previ$11.00$14.98Save $3.98
- Overwhelmed with distance learning?Tired of spending hours converting all your tried-and-true materials to digital?Gain some of your valuable time back with this mega bundle of 14 different digital resources for distance or paperless learning in middle school language arts.What's included:1. Google$34.97$49.95Save $14.98
Need a quick sub plan or digital learning day assignment?
This editable paperless mini unit explores Virginia Driving Hawk Sneve's short story "The Medicine Bag."
Simply follow the included instructions to generate your copy of the Google Form lessons, then share the link with students. Once students have the lesson links, the unit is completely self-guided, and students can work independently, taking the pressure off of a substitute teacher; or, have students work through the lessons while you catch up on grading!
This resource includes 4 complete lessons, but if you need only 2 lessons, you could simply assign lessons 1 and 2, and end the unit there.
- Read the vocabulary sheet and complete matching activity.
- Read pages 1-4 of the story.
- Complete the character comparison/ contrast Venn diagram.
- Review the vocabulary sheet.
- Read pages 5-7 of the story.
- Answer the discussion questions.
- Read the article about the author and answer the questions.
- Read the article about the Rosebud Reservation and answer the questions.
- Choose a writing prompt and write a short essay (2-3 paragraphs).
- Read over the vocabulary sheet again for a quiz in the next lesson.
- Take the vocabulary quiz.
- Select a mini project and complete it. (Students may choose from creating a crossword puzzle, a Google slides presentation, or writing a character eulogy.)
PLEASE READ - TECHNOLOGY REQUIREMENTS:
- 1 internet-connected device for each student (preferably a laptop- smart phones will not work well)
- Each student must have his/her own Google account (whether school or personal)
- Teacher must have his/her own Google account (whether school or personal)
- Cross-curricular: students will learn about the Sioux Tribes and Native American culture. Students will gain technology experience using Google Forms, Google Slides, uploading documents, and more.
- Multi-genre: non-fiction articles included.
- Almost zero prep! All the work has been done for you.
- The Google form lessons are editable- you can add, change or remove requirements, activities, and discussion questions.
- Easy-to-follow teacher instructions!
- Can be completed at home or in the classroom.
Prefer a printable version? Check out the no-tech version of this unit!
For more paperless resources that students can complete independently, check out: