This set of lesson plans, resources, and activities is for use with “The Memory String” by Eve Bunting. It can be used for whole group, small group, and independent instruction – which makes these resources a smart choice for literacy centers or Reader’s Workshop.
Here's What You'll Get and Why:
My goal was to make it easy to teach readers how to think about “The Memory String” using a variety of comprehension strategies. That's why I've included page by page lesson plans, guided practice worksheets, and text specific reader's notebook prompts for the following strategies:
- Retelling and Summarizing
- Making Inferences
- Making Predictions
- Identifying the Author’s Purpose
I also created an Extension Activity for early finishers.
Next, I find that vocabulary instruction works best when it's done within the context of books that students are already reading. That's why I've included the following vocabulary resources:
- Vocabulary Word List
- Flash Cards (match words to pictures and match words to definitions)
- Interactive Vocabulary Notebook Cards
- Vocabulary Word Games Printable
- Personal Vocabulary Word Bookmark
This set of resources also includes the following:
- Running Record Assessment
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standard Alignment
- Spanish translation of the comprehension strategy practice pages, reader's notebook prompts (complete with Spanish Common Core "I Can" statements), and extension activities for use with "The Memory String"
- BONUS: Surprise Sample Resource
I hope that you will enjoy using my resources along with your copy or copies of “The Memory String” by Eve Bunting.
If you have any questions about the resources included in this set please email me at AmyMackenzie@BookPagez.com. It will be my pleasure to reply and help you in any way I can.
Thanks for taking the time to check out my products. And don't forget to follow me for updates and to find out when new products are added to my store, here at Teachers Pay Teachers!