Also included in
- The Men Who Built America - Movie Guide Bundle (TV - 2012) is a great resource if you are going to show this documentary series in class. These 4 movie guides each consists of 11 high-level, short answer and essay questions that will do more than just ask your students to regurgitate information. P$6.89$10.00Save $3.11
The Men Who Built America - Ep 3 & 4 Movie Guide | Worksheet (TV - 2012) is a great resource if you are going to show this video in class. Challenge your students to analyze and evaluate the decisions that Andrew Carnegie made in his rise to the top. Encourage students to think about competition and how it affects business. This resource consists of 11 high-level, short answer and essay questions that will do more than just ask your students to regurgitate information. Please see the preview file for sample questions from this resource.
This movie guide is intended for:
Episode 3 - A Rivalry Is Born (watch it on Amazon here)
Episode 4 - Blood Is Spilled (watch it on Amazon here)
This can be used for Bloody Battles, the second episode of the TV version as well, which combined the third and fourth episodes into one. If you are using this version of the video, use the second time stamp for questions 6 - 10.
This product includes:
- A student movie guide, PDF print version (4 pages)
- A student movie guide, PDF digital fillable form version (4 pages)
- An answer key (4 pages) IS included with this movie guide, however many answers will vary as students are encouraged to construct their own meaning from the characters' dialogue and behavior.
Earn with TPT Credits!
- Leave Feedback for this product and earn TPT credits
- 20 Credits = $1 OFF any TPT purchase
General Tips for Using this Movie Guide:
- Print one, double-sided movie guide for each student
- Preview the next question on the movie guide as you complete each one, this can help students pay attention to important upcoming events.
- Pause at the times designated on the movie guide, encourage students to debate, discuss and talk about their ideas before writing their answers.
- Discourage students from simply copying answers.
- Randomly choose a student to share their answer and defend it if necessary.
- If time allows, feel free to rewind and show important parts of the movie again for additional analysis.
- After completing the short answers, allow 5-10 minutes for each essay question at the end of the film.
- On average, this movie guide will require about 45-60 minutes in addition to the length of the movie.
Digital Version Tips
- It is intended for a paperless, 1:1 tablet/iPad classroom
- Ask students to download a PDF editor app if they don't already have one. It needs to have a save function as well. I used Foxit PDF.
- Host the file. I used google drive to share a folder with students.
- When complete, ask students to save the file in a designated google drive folder using a naming convention. (I use LastnameFirstnameMovieGuide.pdf)
FREE Movie Guides & Resources:
Get a feel for my work and see if this resource is right for you. I ask questions that require students to 'live' on the higher levels of Bloom's taxonomy.
- Free Kung Fu Panda 3 Movie Guide (PG - 2016)
- Free The Lightning Thief Movie Guide (PG - 2010)
- Free Home Alone 2 Movie Guide (PG - 1992)
- Free! Story Elements Worksheet
- Free! Character Analysis & Comparison
Your feedback, ratings, likes and follows are appreciated:
- TpT Store - TeacherTravis
- Pinterest - TeacherTravis
- Instagram - Teachers Travis
- Facebook - K12MovieGuides
- Twitter - K12MovieGuides
- Blog & Website - K12MovieGuides
See my movie guides below, by category, or search for one at my