Go back to school with crests. Students use the history and symbolism used in coats of arms to create their own crests. A great back to school get to know each other activity.
It's great fun and insightful. One time when I taught this lesson, all of my students had chosen the symbol for justice which led to a fascinating discussion.
This detailed guide includes:
● Complete student activities for making heraldic shields
● 1 Complete teacher’s guide for a 50 minute lesson
● Samples of student work
● A complete materials list
as part of the World History Middle School Resource Bundle
Medieval Europe Resources Include:
- The Middle Ages Heraldry Station Activity
- Middle Ages Gallery Walk Activity of the Medieval Guilds
- The Middle Ages Interactive Notebook Pages
- The Middle Ages On the Silk Road Shadow Puppets from Indonesia Collaborative Activity
- On the Silk Road - a simulation in barter and Trade
- The Middle Ages Mapping Marco Polo's Journey on the Silk Road
This purchase is for one teacher only.
This resource is not to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at firstname.lastname@example.org. This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives.
Did you know you can earn TPT credits easily?
- Go to your My Purchases page when you login
- Click on the provide feedback button. Quickly rate the product and leave a quick note.
- Each time you give feedback, you earn TPT credit to spend on future purchases.
Benefits of following the store
- Save $$$ - Follow the store and receive updates on new product launches. New products are 20% off in the first 48 hours. To follow simply click on the follow me star at the store. New product launches typically occur once a week.
- Follow the Facebook page
to find out about weekly deals, sales, flash freebies and giveaways.
- Read musings, tips, resources and ideas about teaching, education and education policy on the blog.
Don’t miss out on Social Sundays (tips, resources and ideas for teaching Social Studies) and Math Mondays (tips, resources and ideas for teaching Math)
- No more than 1 email from me directly to my followers per month.
To follow the store and save $$$, click on the follow me star above.