This Project-Based Learning accompanies the storybook app "The Mighty League, Vol 1, The Terrible Taunting."
The itunes link is https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mighty-league-vol-1-terrible/id688640586?mt=8
"This is one of MY FAVORITE STORYBOOK APPS I have reviewed for several reasons. The message it sends - that each of us are special in our own way
- is a very powerful one and you can never tell kids that enough!" Melissa Northway, App of the Week Review
"A WONDERFUL INTERACTIVE and CUSTOMIZABLE storybook app with an important life lesson about stopping bullying." Smart Apps for Kids, 4.5 out of 5
"An EXCELLENT BOOK for EVERYONE that promotes awareness of autism and Asperger's Syndrome , encourages acceptance and understanding, and talks about tools that those in the spectrum can use to manage their day." The
iMums, 5 out of 5 Stars
"Use this app to help facilitate SOCIAL SKILLS or PRAGMATIC GROUP discussion. The clean, crisp and colorful graphics that are somewhat comic
book style will have you engaged from the moment the app opens!" Jackie Bryla, SLPA, actbyjackiebryla
"This is a GREAT RESOURCE for COUNSELOR and GIFT AND TALENT TEACHERS to use as a Social Issues project. It is not limited to just grade-level
classrooms. I find it to be an awesome, educational APP." Cyndie Sebourn, Apps with Curriculum
• A powerful children's book that can be read on multiple levels - it is a fun and interactive superhero story, a real life telling of quirks and issues relating to Asperger's, and a more thorough guide to Asperger's for older audiences.
• Promotes SELF-ACCEPTANCE, AWARENESS, and an UNDERSTANDING for others who are different.
• Addresses bullying in a meaningful and appropriate way.
The adorkable JMan and his plucky hedgehog sidekick, Mr. Redge are the unstoppable, secret superhero team who save a classmate from the poking pranks of Dr. Evil Touch! Join this quirky duo on their quest to stop a bully, make the school playground a peaceful place, and more importantly, make a new friend who likes crime fighting, capes and karate, too. Discover JMan’s hidden notebook on each page about what it’s like to be an Aspie.
FOR KIDS AGES 5-11
ABOUT THIS APP:
This INTERACTIVE storybook app is based on the real JMan, Jonathan Murphy, and his REAL LIFE adventures growing up with ASPERGER’S SYNDROME. Written by his sister, Molly Murphy, and narrated by Jonathan himself, the story is told by someone who sees his world from a very unique perspective. It promotes SELF-ACCEPTANCE, AWARENESS, and an UNDERSTANDING for others who are different.
We're happy to announce that Jonathan just won a 2014 Temple Grandin Award!
The Mighty League APP is a Murphy family’s GEEK CLUB BOOKS, I’m unique, I’m a geek production. Discover audio stories, activities, and more at www.geekclubbooks.com.
• GIRL POWER option! You can change the superhero, JMan, into super-heroine, Jaycee.
• Touch Mr. Redge on every page and a SECRET NOTEBOOK pops up with age-appropriate information on Aspergers Syndrome, being different, and bullying.
• Over 70 INTERACTIVE SOUNDS AND ANIMATIONS—including capes waving, speech bubbles, character movements, and more.
• Original “I’m Unique, I’m a Geek” THEME SONG by award-winning children’s performing artist, AndyZ.
• 1 purchase includes both iPhone and iPad versions.
• Easy to use navigation, customization, and page turning effects.
• Narration with word highlighting, self-read, or record your own narration options.
• PROJECT BASED LEARNING CURRICULUM aligned with Common Core State Standards available for free download at