Also included in
- In order to deepen their understanding of memory, dreams, anxiety, mindfulness, and psychedelics, students will use this viewing guide before, during, and after watching the each episode of the Netflix docuseries The Mind, Explained (2019).Includes:Memory, Explained Viewing GuideDreams, Explained Vi$8.00$10.00Save $2.00
- This bundle includes activities that can be used to introduce, reinforce, and study the material in the psychological disorders unit of a psychology class. The fact or myth game is a fun introduction to intrigue students about the material and gauge their prior knowledge. The "Anxiety, Explained" an$11.60$14.50Save $2.90
- This mega bundle contains all of my resources for the second half of a psychology course! Resources Include:Chapter Fact or Myth GamesChapter Bingo GamesMovie Viewing GuidesEpisode Viewing GuidesTask CardsPreview & Review ActivitiesClasswork & HomeworkIndividual & Group WorkIndependent W$103.50$159.50Save $56.00
In order to deepen their understanding of anxiety, students will use this viewing guide before, during, and after watching the third episode of the Netflix docuseries The Mind, Explained, “Anxiety, Explained” (2019).
- 15 question viewing guide, including pre- and post-viewing questions
APA National Standards for High School Psychology Curricula:
- Individual Variations Domain – Psychological Disorders - 1.5 Discuss the impact of psychological disorders on the individual, family, and society; 2.3 Describe symptoms and causes of major categories of psychological disorders (including schizophrenic, mood, anxiety, and personality disorders); 2.4 Evaluate how different factors influence an individual’s experience of psychological disorders
Watching the Video:
- The episode is about 20 minutes long. Allow 30 minutes total for students to answer pre- and post-viewing questions. Optionally, extend the activity by having students discuss with a partner, group, or the whole class.
- At the time of creating this resource, this episode is available for streaming with a Netflix subscription.
- The episode is rated TV-14.
This resource (and all other PDF resources in my store) is compatible with the TPT Digital Activities Tool and by purchasing, you will have access to the original PDF as well as a digital version with an interactive layer on top. You can assign this to your students through GoogleClassroom, they can complete it on a laptop or tablet, and you’ll be able to review their completed work and return feedback, all on the TPT platform.
Great Resource for Distance Learning:
"I played this doc in a virtual Zoom meeting with students while they worked on these questions for my sociology class. Worked really well!" – Sara V. (★★★★★ Product Review for Cults, Explained Viewing Guide)
- Animal Intelligence, Explained Viewing Guide
- Astrology, Explained Viewing Guide
- Attraction, Explained Viewing Guide
- Beauty, Explained Viewing Guide
- Can We Live Forever, Explained Viewing Guide
- Coronavirus, Explained: This Pandemic Viewing Guide
- Cults, Explained Viewing Guide
- Dreams, Explained Viewing Guide
- Memory, Explained Viewing Guide
- Mindfulness, Explained Viewing Guide
- Music, Explained Viewing Guide
- Psychedelics, Explained Viewing Guide
- Racial Wealth Gap, Explained Viewing Guide
- Tattoo, Explained Viewing Guide
- Why Diets Fail, Explained Viewing Guide
- Why Women Are Paid Less, Explained Viewing Guide
- !, Explained Viewing Guide
- The Mind, Explained Viewing Guide Bundle
- Psychology, Explained Viewing Guide Bundle
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
Go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. You will now receive email updates about this store.
Follow @theadventurousclassroom on Instagram for freebies, sales, and giveaways!