A Read Aloud Favorite!
This packet contains an enormous 81 student page guide
to use with the book "The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane" by Kate DiCamillo. This book works well for a class read aloud, reading group, or independent study. Its ATOS book level is a 4.4 for Accelerated Reading and is worth 2 points.
This guide contains:
- 1 Packet Cover for students
- 27 Chapter Questions Pages (answer comprehension questions, predict, infer, and connect with text)
- 27 Chapter Activities Pages (draw and predict, connect with text)
- 15 "During and After" Worksheets (character map, describe characters, character traits with text evidence, story map, craft and story structure to show plot development, character traits to influence the story, fill-in cause and effect, letter to the author, author research, favorite part, events in the story and explaining why they are important, making connections with the text, compare and contrast self with a character, 3-2-1 questions)
- 11 Vocabulary Sheets (1 sheet of vocabulary blank cards, 6 pages of selected vocabulary to identify - one word per chapter, 1 blank sheet for student-selected vocabulary words selection, 3 sheets of vocabulary matching cards with blanks for student's own selections)
- 9 Answer Key Pages
- 3 Instructional Sheets
Please check out the "preview" before buying. It has examples of the worksheets included in this packet.
To see how I use literature units in my classroom, visit my blog!
Thanks for looking!
** MORE LITERATURE GUIDES TO COME! **