PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Book Companions are an amazing way to engage children in books. They can have a handful of great activities that help practice comprehension, listening and language skills. My book companions do just that!
This book companion is to be used with the book The Mitten. Use each page as directed, or as you see fit! Color and B&W versions of almost each activity are available, giving you the option to save ink, and/or incorporate more listening activities by engaging the students in coloring!
Activities included are:
1. Story sequencing cards
2. Story telling cut outs
3. WHO is in the mitten story recall cut & paste
4. Comprehension question sheets
5. Phonemic awareness sheets
6. WHO went into the mitten recall dot paint activity
7. Listening for critical elements
8. Big VS Little listening game
9. Positional terms cut & paste book
10. BONUS activity: create your own mitten book with animal cut and paste pictures