This is a perfect unit to do during the long, cold winter months. The story, The Mitten, is a tale about a young boy who drops his mitten and various animals find it. Your students will have so much fun with all of the different animal centers and activities in this package. It's full of games, activities, songs, and ideas that meet Common Core Standards.
Here's what's included:
- Winter Wonderland -> roll, count and color
- Missing Mittens -> missing numbers in a set (to 10)
- Badger's Beginning Sounds -> beginning sounds
- Mole's Search for Long Vowels -> bossy "e" words
- Mischievous Mouse's Sight Words -> sight word scramble
- Fox's 5-frames/10-frames
- Rabbit's Rhyme Time -> rhyming words
- "Hoo's" Got More -> identifying more/less
- Bear's Number Words -> reading numbers and number words
- Happy Skip-Counting with Hedgehog -> counting by 2's
- Clap Your Mittens! -> syllables
- Baba's Blends -> beginning blends
- an original song written by me
- a retelling activity (lacing the mitten)
- character cards both in color and b&w
- and more!
This packet is designed for a Pre-K or K class but can easily be used in a First Grade class as a review of key concepts. Please e-mail me with any questions before you purchase.
Please come and visit me!
Mrs. Albanese’s Kindergarten Class
Thanks for looking!