6 math and literacy activities I created to use with the book “The Mitten”.
• Graphing the animals from the Mitten
• Matching teen numbers with base ten blocks
• Addition Hunt; use magnifying glasses to find the tiny addition problems hidden on the mittens. Record the sum on the recording sheet.
• What Fits In A Mitten Fill in the blank book. 2 pages of “A ___fits in a mitten.” and 1 page of “A _____ does not fit in ia mitten.”.
• Cut and paste beginning sound picture/letter match.
• “My Mitten Story”. Fill in the sight words “the, is, in & my” on each page for B, F, M, &H..