This set includes directions and and songs to be incorporated with the children's circular folk story picture book "The Mitten." Emphasizing sol, mi, la, and do, this activity is great for 1st and 2nd grade students who are familiar or may come across this book in their reading classes as well. Great cross curricular activity that is engaging for students and meets music standards while incorporating literacy as well. (Recordings are included, so a classroom teacher would be able to add the music to the book, to incorporate music in their classroom as well. The slides are created with music teachers in mind, but many opportunities for non-music teachers as well).
Included in the set are:
1. Slides with just the text for each song to add after each specific animal enters the mitten. (The song gets longer with each additional animal, in true circular fashion).
2. Slides with the solfege contour depicted as well as text, for singing after each animal enters the mitten.
3. Slides with the two measure notation for the melody for each animal after it enters the mittens.
4. A pdf of the sheet music for the full composed songs.
5. 12 Recordings, one of each song to be sung after each animal enters (so yes, classroom teachers, you could add this in your classroom even if you aren't comfortable singing, by using the recordings). A track with piano accompaniment and melody only is even included for your students to sing the entire song in that way.
6. Directions for use, including directions for adding a simple Orff accompaniment to finish the activity or create for a performance.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License