This retelling pack was made to be used after reading "The Mitten" written by Jan Brett. The following activities are included.
• Vocabulary Cards: Print, laminate, and display. I put mine in a pocket chart. We discuss vocabulary before we read the story.
• Story retelling cards: Print, laminate, and cut out. Give each student a picture to hold during the story. When that student’s part is read he/she will hold up the picture. Print off two copies and play a memory type game.
• Mitten puppet pieces: Print, laminate, and cut apart the pieces. A black and white version is included as a different retelling option.
• Story sequencing cut and glue pictures of the animals as they entered the mitten.
• The Mitten Emergent Reader: A simpler version of the story to encourage retelling by young readers.
• The Mitten Essential Questions: Students can circle or color the correct answer.
Thank you for checking out my product! Follow my store and blog to be notified when new products are posted.