This bundle includes a variety of engaging sequencing and writing activities that can be used as an extension or during your Daily Five/Centers after reading The Mitten by Jane Brett.
This bundle includes:
Mitten Sequencing Game (2 versions)
11 Different Paper Choices
3 Extension Activities (sequencing the events or characters depending on level)
How to use:
1. Laminate the cover, cards, and the mitten to create a game using a 4x6 photo box. (There is a higher level & lower level)
2. Place Velcro on the back of the character/event pieces and the sequencing mat. (You could use a felt board as well)
3. Have students sequence the story by placing the cards in the order in which the events occurred OR the order in which just the characters went into the mitten.
4. You could also cut out the pieces on the mat and have the students find the event/character in the order in which it happened in the story.
5. You could use this as an extension center or as a retell after reading the story once through with your students.
I hope you & your students enjoy this resource & reading The Mitten!